29) What if my helper does not eat what I cook?

You should not force your helper to eat food that she is not comfortable with. However, as an employer, you are responsible to provide enough food for your helper. You may allow her to buy her own grocery so that she can cook for herself.

28) Is it safe to leave my helper alone in the house?

You can educate your helper on safe working conditions and let her know what to expect when you are not at home. Provide her with information and consequences so that she will understand the danger. For example, she should not be climbing the windows when she cleans them, she should not leave the stove unattended […]

27) Can I have CCTV in the house?

Many households have CCTV in their house for various reasons. However, these cameras should not be placed in an area that will invade FDW’s privacy. In addition, FDW should be informed and the employer can provide an explanation of their purpose to them to prevent any misunderstanding.

23) What is the security bond for the FDW?

The security bond is required by the Ministry Of Manpower(MOM). You need a bond for every helper you employ and it usually takes the form of insurance. You must not ask your helper to pay for the bond.

21) What is the minimum insurance coverage requirement?

For medical insurance, the coverage needs to be at least $15,000 per year for inpatient care and day surgery. For the Personal Accident Insurance, it must have a sum of at least $60,000 per year. It should cover sudden, unforeseen and unexpected incidents resulting in permanent disability or death.