A maid agency will help you with all the tedious process of hiring FDWs such as travel arrangement, medical screening, training and obtaining the work permit as required. In addition, an agent will be there to give you advice and provide the best for your requirements. An agency will give you a better understanding of the regulations by the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) too.

You can look at its track records (Eg. Retention rate, number of FDWs placed by the agency in the previous year) and ensure that it is a licensed agency. In addition, it is important to view its online review, customer feedbacks and even MOM ratings.

Able Best is a licensed employment agency established since 2003. We have excellent track records and are highly trusted by customers. We provide good after sales services and counselling to you if you faced any issues.

Give us a call or Whatsapp at +65 8152 9888 and talk to us! Tell us what you are looking for. Alternatively, you may fill in our enquiry form here: https://tinyurl.com/ablebestenquiryform

Our FDWs come from Indonesia, Myanmar and the Philippines.

Most Indonesian helpers are Muslim, and they may have dietary requirements and religious beliefs that may or may not be similar to you. Some may not be very fluent in English, but they are hardworking and may have good cooking skills.

Filipino helpers are usually favoured due to their proficiency in English. They may have a better understanding of their given tasks which does not require as many training.

Hiring a Myanmar helper generally cost lesser as compared to other countries. Although they speak little to no English, they are fast learners.

You must be above 21 years old and not be an undischarged bankrupt. You must have the mental capacity to fully understand your role and responsibilities of an employer.

You must attend an Employer Orientation Programme (EOP) before you apply for FDWs.

This is a MOM regulation which requires the employer to pay a monthly levy.

With effect from 1 April 2019, the monthly levy rate is $300 for the first FDW. For the subsequent FDWs, the monthly levy rate will be $450. For concession levy, please view #13.

The levy concession rate is $60 per month. You are only eligible for the levy concession if you have a child below 16 years old or an elderly above 65 years old in the same household.

The levy fees must be paid on the 17th of every month through GIRO only.

It takes approximately four to eight weeks for the helper from the overseas center to start working for the employer with all the documents and work permit being processed. However, if it is a transfer helper, it takes approximately one to two weeks instead.

You can hire a second FDW only if you have either at least 2 children below 18 years old or a parent/parent-in-law over 60 years old living with you.

FDW is entitled to one rest day per week. If FDW agrees to work on their rest day, the employer must either replace the rest day within the month or compensate 1 day’s salary.

Able Best work with several reputable and trusted training partners from Indonesia, Philippines and Myanmar. These training schools taught our FDWs how to handle newborns and the elderly. However, a different household has different rules and instructions for the helper to follow. Employers are encouraged to provide sufficient guidance for your FDW.

Yes, you need to buy medical and personal accident insurance for your helper. The cost of the insurance should not be paid by your helper.

You may contact Able Best for more information about the insurance plans.

For medical insurance, the coverage needs to be at least $15,000 per year for inpatient care and day surgery. For the Personal Accident Insurance, it must have a sum of at least $60,000 per year. It should cover sudden, unforeseen and unexpected incidents resulting in permanent disability or death.

As an employer, you are responsible for your helper and are required to bear the full cost of any medical care. Therefore, having good insurance coverage is important.

The security bond is required by the Ministry Of Manpower(MOM). You need a bond for every helper you employ and it usually takes the form of insurance. You must not ask your helper to pay for the bond.

The bond will be forfeited if you do not pay her salary on time, failed to send your helper back when her Work Permit expired, revoked or cancelled or if she goes missing. You may opt for a Security Bond Protector for $53.50 in order to get reimbursed for the loss of security bond arising from the domestic helper’s breach of a condition.

You are to locate and repatriate her. You should inform your agency and seek advice from them. You should also cancel their work permit to prevent levy payment.

You should cancel their work permit and repatriate your FDW immediately.

Many households have CCTV in their house for various reasons. However, these cameras should not be placed in an area that will invade FDW’s privacy. In addition, FDW should be informed and the employer can provide an explanation of their purpose to them to prevent any misunderstanding.

You can educate your helper on safe working conditions and let her know what to expect when you are not at home. Provide her with information and consequences so that she will understand the danger. For example, she should not be climbing the windows when she cleans them, she should not leave the stove unattended when cooking etc.

You should not force your helper to eat food that she is not comfortable with. However, as an employer, you are responsible to provide enough food for your helper. You may allow her to buy her own grocery so that she can cook for herself.